Customer Experience Management (CXM, sometimes abbreviated to CEM) is part of a digital transformation strategy and puts the customer at the center. They have more control over the purchasing process than ever before and they obtain extensive information on the Internet. A holistic, positive customer experience is essential for companies to stand out.
Was ist Customer Experience Management?
Customer experience refers to the experiences that a customer has with a company. The sum of all measures this customer experience should have a positive influence are summarized under the term customer experience management.
It’s the epitome of an all-around customer-centric business and an important tool for building long-term customer relationships. This includes creating positive experiences at all contact points (touchpoints) with a company. So should for example high service standards and fast response times delight the customer. His expectations should be exceeded.
“Loyalty is more valuable than ever for companies. A positive customer experience inspires and you benefit from lifelong loyalty.”
Andreas Heupel, Consultant Customer Experience
With a successful customer experience strategy, the customer keeps the brand in good memory over the long term. Creates a holistic, positive customer experience lasting loyalty. In the further course, loyal customers can also become enthusiastic brand ambassadors. In an increasingly homogeneous market, companies secure decisive competitive advantages with Customer Experience Management.
Four tips for good CXM
Customer experience management is now considered the supreme discipline in digital marketing. In order for this to succeed, companies should observe a few basics. These apply regardless of whether the company is in the B2C or B2B sector.
- Know your customers: A detailed analysis is the cornerstone for successful customer experience management. You should answer the following questions: Who are your customers (age, gender, interests, etc.)? What expectations do you have of your product, your service, your company? What are the most important Touchpoints, where customer contact takes place?
- Rely on real customer data: In order to design your customer journey, you should definitely use real data. The challenge here: The data treasures are often scattered in different systems. Modern technologies such as customer experience tools, chatbots and artificial intelligence help to merge and evaluate your customer data from different sources. You also benefit from this in the accompanying performance evaluation. Those who base their strategy on data can also present verifiable results.
- Offer emotional added value: Your company scores with a good price-performance ratio? Do your products and services fulfill the tasks for which they are intended? All of this is good, but it is by no means a guarantee that your customers will remain loyal to you in the long term. The chances increase if you have one unique customer experience create that exceeds expectations and arouses emotions.
- Plan a holistic strategy: Individual measures to increase interaction and customer satisfaction are all well and good, but can quickly become a famous drop in the ocean. When in doubt, they fizzle out as soon as there is a problem at another point in the customer journey. Therefore think holistically and strategically, in order to be really professional in terms of customer experience. You should critically examine and question all externally visible processes.
What is the value of CXM for companies?
Customer Experience Management focuses on the customer and creates experiences that will be remembered. Transform your business and leverage the advantages a CXM integration:
- long-term customer loyalty
- better brand image and higher brand awareness
- more recommendations
- higher turnover and lower service costs
- CXM as a competitive advantage
- Overview of your customer experience measures
- Transparency regarding customer behavior and preferences
- Opportunities for automation
What distinguishes Customer Experience Management from classic Customer Relationship Management (CRM)?
In their core function, customer relationship management and customer experience management are similar and are therefore often confused. CXM is part of the digital transformation with the customer at the heart of the company. Customer-centric design is the keyword here.
While CRM optimizes the value of the customer for the company, CXM shows the Enterprise value for the customer. Another aspect that differentiates both approaches is the holistic experience that is required in CXM. While classic CRM still specializes in the areas of marketing or sales, regards CXM the entire company. Another crucial difference is the focus of the communication. At CXM, it is extremely important that the people on the emotional level to reach. With CRM, a factual address is sufficient. CXM demands to inspire with interpersonal communication.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
In which areas can Customer Experience Management help?
- CXM helps companies to sustainably customer loyalty to increase.
- The implementation of a successful and holistic CXM turns customers into enthusiastic recommenders.
What are the requirements to implement a customer experience?
- The interaction between customers and companies takes place primarily digitally: the Exploiting omnichannel opportunities is critical to a successful CXM.
- Implementation of a customer journey with relevant added value for both sides.
- Actively shaping customer experiences to build loyalty.
- data management processes modern technology coordinate.
What are other steps to implement a CXM?
- selection of suitable CXM Tools.
- training from employees.
- building of Standards for existing processes and technologies.
- Optimizing touchpoints between customers and companies.
With CXM you create positive experiences at all points of contact with your company. Modern CXM solutions provide you with valuable data. You get to know customer preferences and behavior and can react to them in real time. Used correctly, you create a competent and sympathetic image for your company. Despite the technologies used, CXM focuses on interpersonal interactions and emotionality. In combination, you create a unique, tailored customer experience that will be remembered.
Was this article helpful to you? Or do you have further questions about customer experience management? Write us a comment or give us a call.
Daniel Keller supports CONET as a working student in the area of marketing and communications and devotes himself to the social media channels.